Steilacoom Administration Building
Constructed in 1918 as the original Steilacoom School, it later housed Pioneer Middle School until 2006. When the students were transferred to the new facility in Dupont, this tired campus was relegated to District storage. When residual funds from completed capital facilities bond projects became available in 2012, the District pursued relocating their administration offices from a modular building across the street into this classic 1918 building.
Working with a very limited budget, EMA teamed with the Steilacoom Historical School District School Board, Administrative Staff, and the City of Steilacoom Historical Design Board to renovate the building. The final design successfully met budget constraints, exceeded program expectations and paid homage to its history, both inside and out.