Erickson McGovern Architects (EMA) is on the hunt for an experienced Architectural Designer to join our team in Tacoma, WA. Are you the right fit?
Our ideal candidate has some architectural design experience, an understanding of general construction methods, and knows how to produce schematic, design development, and construction documentation. You will work with a project architect while collaborating with other team members to perform Revit/Auto CAD drafts for design and construction projects. Candidates need to be actively pursuing a Architectural license. EMA will assist in your quest to become a licensed professional with financial support for IDP and ARE.
With more than 40 years of experience in design, planning and construction administration, EMA provides full-service architectural services with a K-12 education focus. You’ll find a great working environment, purposeful, engaging work, and an excellent benefits package. We are excited to meet you!
- Preferred 1 year of architectural experience
- Proficient in Auto CAD, Revit, and MS Office
- Working knowledge in Adobe Suites and Sketchup
- Can intelligently express your knowledge and opinions whether speaking or writing an email
- Solid understanding of how to put a set of construction documents together
- General knowledge of construction materials, standards and codes
- Ability to work collaboratively on a project from start to finish
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- BA or Masters in Architecture
Personal Attributes Required:
- Positive attitude – if something doesn’t go your way, it won’t ruin your day.
- Strong work ethic – you prefer working more than chatting or checking your Facebook.
- Team player – you enjoy working on other people’s ideas and making contributions where helpful.
- Strong sense of pride and care for your work – you learn from your mistakes, but you triple check your work beforehand to make sure you don’t make mistakes in the first place.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, multi-task, prioritize requests and fulfill last minute requests – you can keep track of multiple tasks and projects without dropping the ball and feeling overwhelmed.
- Competitive Pay, commensurate with industry experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, RX
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- 4 & ½ day work week
- Free parking
Candidates should submit a pdf or link including their resume, desired salary range, and sample work via email to [email protected]